Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My Experience with the Sony Ericsson K800i and Applications



I have been using the K800i for more than 4 years now and I think it will only be fair if I write about my experience with this amazing gadget.

Okay, first off, the Camera is the best part of the handset. It is still one of the best 3 MP cameras out there. The pictures taken with the K800i come out clear and crisp and the colours are rendered almost faithfully.
Being an avid shutterbug, I resort to my K800i camera when I find an interesting subject but dont have my canon with me.

The build quality is excellent. Being more of a fidgety kind of guy, I find myself dropping my mobile phone several times during the course of a day. But the phone can take it. Unlike the unfortunate Nokia E6 that died an untimely death in my pocket due to continued rough use.


The K800 shines in so many departments, but I think we should just stick to the application handling capabilities of the handset as that is the subject of the site.

The K800 supports J2ME applications conforming to the MIDP 2.0 and a screen size of 240x320.
It is able to multitask to some level, meaning running more that one application at a time. It was a welcome change for someone like who was using a k750 for so long,which only allowed one app at a time.

The Application support of the K800 is quite impressive. There are hundreds of apps available online and many more games.
Being a junkie when it comes to Mobile apps and games, I've installed and tried out a ton of apps, and finished as much mobile games too. And I gotta say, the K800 is powerful enough to handle most memory-intensive apps and especially games. I know because I used to get 'This Application uses too much memory' errors in my earlier device, but the same apps work like a charm in the K800.

I currently have 50 apps and 103 games installed in my K800i, and the phone still works smooth as ever. Unlike some other phones that whine and groan when you just install a dozen apps.

So, this being my passion, I will write about the best java applications out there for the K800i spread across categories. Don't worry if you have a different phone,these applications are compatible with most java devices.
Moreover, I will just be linking you to the download page of the app rather than to a specific file wherever possible, so you can get the app for the device you have, and more importantly, get the latest version available.

No comments:

Post a Comment